Deadline: December 31, 2018
Please email Lauren Gatta at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
1. Submissions must reflect a delegate's interpretation of the theme.
2. Accepted categories include the following: Visual Arts, Music, Film, and Photography. Each delegate may submit up to 3 submissions per category. Each school may submit up to 5 entries in each category. Collaborations amongst delegates are welcomed.
3. Visual arts — Art of any style, medium and size will be considered. This may include, but is not limited to: painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, digital work, illustration and design. Art submissions must include a short (~200 word) artist's statement of the connection to theme and city. All photography submissions must be submitted into the separate Photography category.
4. Music — Any genre is accepted, and music must be either composed or performed by delegate. Submissions may include either original or cover pieces with instruments and/or vocals. Music submissions must include a short (~200 word) explanation of the connection to the theme and the delegate's hometown. Winners will have the opportunity to perform in YMUN's showcase!
5. Film — Films up to 10 minutes long will be accepted. The delegate must be one of the prior creative or directive forces behind the film. Clips can be captured both formally through camera or informally through a mobile phone.
6. Photography — Photography submissions must be original and of high picture quality. Photographers are free to use any editing software.
YMUN XLV Global Citizen of the Arts Competition and Showcase
Prompt: What Inspires you?
As one of the largest international conferences on the high school MUN circuit, Yale Model UN is proud to host students from all over the world. This year, every continent is represented (except Antarctica) — over 50 countries are represented in the delegations, and countless cities. In fact, nearly half of YMUN delegates are international. YMUN encourages diversity in every facet, and that includes diversity of interests as well. For this reason, YMUN XLV will be hosting its second annual arts competition in conjunction with the conference this year.
This year, we ask you to respond to the following question: What inspires you? From special food, culture, activities, to special places and people, we invite you to make a work of art that showcases what you think is cool and noteworthy in your life! YMUN delegates come from all over the world, so do not hesitate to interpret this question in whichever way you want. This is your opportunity to have your artistic talent shine at YMUN!
The top two entries of every category will be recognized at the conference. Winning delegates will receive gift cards to a New Haven restaurant to be used during their time at YMUN, certificates, and YMUN XLV merchandise. Their schools will receive gift vouchers for next year's YMUN conference.
One grand prize winner, recipient of the Yale Model UN Global Citizen of the Arts Award plaque, a $100 YMUN voucher for their school, a Yale/YMUN merchandise basket, and gift cards for New Haven restaurants.